Aqua Foundation for Women Grants Program
Aqua Foundation for Women Grants Program offers grants up to $20,000 to organizations serving south Florida whose work strategically aligns with our funding priorities.
The Foundation prefers to focus funding on innovative awareness and training programs, especially those that have a grassroots or community outreach component, and projects that use innovative techniques or use collaborative methods to benefit the South Florida LBT population.
2015 Funding Priorities:
In accordance with its mission to serve and support the lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community in South Florida through grants, scholarships, and initiatives, Aqua Foundation for Women is pleased to announce that in 2015 it will award grants to programs that support the following funding priorities:
- Training, education, and resource support for members of the Transgender community
- LBT empowerment and leadership programming
- LBT health and wellness
- LGBT youth homelessness (Funding for this priority is by invitation only)
Who can apply?
Organizations recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit or organizations that have begun the process of establishing as a 501(c)(3) and have an established fiscal agent can apply for an Aqua Foundation for Women Grant.
Who is not eligible to apply?
Aqua Foundation for Women does not consider grant requests from:
- Political or lobbying organizations
- Fraternal, athletic or social organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Public agencies, including state and local governments (for example, health departments). A public entity may serve as a fiscal agent for a charitable organization or be part of a coalition or consortium applying for funding.
- Private foundations
- Organizations that do not directly serve South Floridians
How often can one apply?
Organizations are limited to one application per 12-month period.
How to apply?
The first step in the application process is completing a Letter of Intent (LOI) which will be reviewed by the Foundation staff. LOIs are currently being accepted via email and must be submitted by 5 pm on July 17, 2015.
LOIs must be submitted via email (as an attached pdf or word document) on organization letterhead to email@example.com and must include the following information:
- Organization Name
- Contact Name
- Contact Title
- Project Goals and Description – Describe the project for which you are seeking funds in 500 words or less.
Organization’s must also include a copy of the IRS letter certifying the organization’s 501(c)3 status (or status of their fiscal agent). A copy of the letter must be included in order to be considered for participation in the grant process.
Upon review of your LOI, if the Foundation staff determines that your project aligns with its funding priorities and is of interest to the Foundation, the Foundation will invite you to fill out a complete grant application. Applicants will be notified via email no later than July 24, 2015, if they have been invited to submit a full grant application.
Complete grant application will be reviewed by the Foundation’s grants committee who will make their recommendations to Aqua Foundation’s Board of Directors. The Board will then review the recommendations and award the 2015 grants.
The 2015 Grant application timeline is as follows:
- Letter of Intent available for submission: June 22, 2015
- The deadline for submitting an LOI: July 17, 2015
- LOI applicants will be notified if they have been invited to submit a full application: July 24, 2015
- The grant application (by invitation only) submissions will be accepted beginning: July 27, 2015
- The grant application submission deadline: August 21, 2015
Call the Aqua Foundation for Women office at 305.576.2782 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.