Aqua Foundation for Women Grants Program
The Aqua Foundation for Women Grants Program offers grants up to $20,000 to organizations in a variety of areas including LBT wellness, youth empowerment, therapeutic counseling, cultural enrichment, equality and more.
We prefer to focus funding on innovative awareness and training programs, especially those that have a grassroots or community outreach component, and projects that use innovative techniques or use collaborative methods to benefit the South Florida LBT population.
2013 Funding Priorities:
- Support LBT Women’s physical, mental, and emotional health
- Combat LGBT youth homelessness
- Create conference for LBT young women on cultivating leadership, personal financial planning, health, and business skills
Who can apply?
Organizations recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit or organizations that have begun the process of establishing as a 501(c)(3) and have an established fiscal agent can apply for an Aqua Foundation for Women Grant.
Who is not eligible to apply?
Aqua Foundation for Women does not consider grant requests from:
- Political or lobbying organizations
- Fraternal, athletic or social organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Public agencies, including state and local governments (for example, health departments). A public entity may serve as a fiscal agent for a charitable organization or be part of a coalition or consortium applying for funding.
- Private foundations
- Organizations that do not directly serve South Floridians
How often can one apply?
Organizations are limited to one application per 12-month period. Multi-year commitments up to three years may be made, depending upon the request, the need, and the funds available.
How to apply?
The grant application process consists of two steps, first you must submit a letter of intent application, which will be reviewed by AFW staff. If your letter describes a project of interest to us we will invite you to fill out a grant application. This grant application will be reviewed by our grants committee who will make their recommendations to Aqua Foundation’s Board of Directors. The Board will then review the recommendations and make the final decision of who will be awarded.
The 2012 Grant application cycle will begin July 1, 2012.
The deadline for submitting a letter of intent application is July 23, 2012.
The grant application (by invitation only) submissions will begin August 13, 2012.
The grant application submission deadline is September 17, 2012.
Call the Aqua Foundation for Women office at 305.576.2782 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.