Scholarship Application Information
Aqua Foundation’s scholarship cycle begins December 04, 2012 and the full application will be available at that time. Below is more information about the scholarship program requirements. Please contact Elsa Roberts at 305.576.27.82 or via email for more information.
Aqua Foundation Scholarship for LBT Women
Scholarship for LBT Women with Physical Disabilities
Scholarship for LBT Latina Women
An applicant must:
- Be a resident of South Florida for at least one year
- Attend college in South Florida*
- Have a history of leadership and service in the community
- Identify as an LBT woman
Women with Disabilities Scholarship
- Applicant must have a physical disability
Latina Women Scholarship
- Applicant must be Latina
Requirements for retaining the AFW scholarship:
- Scholar will maintain a commitment to academic excellence and will maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Scholar will conduct herself in a professional manner at all times and serve as a spokesperson for AFW
- Scholar will comply with the Mentor Program requirements
- Scholar will release AFW to use her image for marketing purposes
- Scholar will uphold the mission of AFW and act in a leadership capacity on behalf of lesbian, bisexual and transgender community
Scholarship funds are for tuition only and do not cover additional expenses such as books or travel.
*exceptions may be made for students in long-distance programs who reside in South Florida during the school year. Also, applicants who are still in high school will of course be considered; they just must be accepted into a South Florida College prior to receiving funding.