A key role of the Aqua Foundation for Women is to promote and encourage involvement in their own community.
We have a variety of opportunities for women to get involved in Aqua including sitting on an AFW Committee or joining the Board of Directors.
Aqua Foundation for Women Committees
(Comprised of both Board and non-Board members)
- Development Committee
- Aqua Girl® Committee
- Special Event Committee
- Grants Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- Finance Committee
- Administration Committee
Specific Board Skills Needed
- Public Relations skills
- Community and resource planning skills
- Donor development skills (major donors)
- Grant-writing skills
Board Duties and Responsibilities
- The AFW Board of Directors is responsible for governing the organization and has specific fiduciary responsibilities for which it is accountable. Additional responsibilities include oversight of policy, budgeting, planning, fundraising, human resources, program evaluation and board development.
- Each Board member must commit to attending all regularly scheduled meetings. More than three unexcused absences will result in removal from the Board.
- Each Board member must serve on a board committee, which shall may be comprised of both Board and non-Board members. However, Board members are not required to chair a board committee.
- Each Board member must commit to giving or getting donation(s) in an amount set by the Board in it annual development plan.
- Each Board member must abide by both the Florida Standard of Conduct for directors of not-for-profit organizations and the organization’s policies governing conflicts of interest.